And if you are wondering what causes Constipation and what symptoms indicate that your child suffers from it, think no further. Scroll down to learn about Constipation in children and how Homeopathy can help!
Constipation is commonly observed in:
Infants at weaning (a baby moves from breastfeeding to other sources of nourishment)
Toddlers acquiring toilet skills
Types of Constipation in Children
There are two main types of Constipation:
1. Organic Constipation: This is a fancy way of describing when painful poops occur because of certain diseases. Organic is a rare type of Constipation & might include thyroid problems, celiac disease, or other disorders.
2. Functional Constipation - Most children have functional Constipation. Constipation can happen when children hold back bowel movements or have certain gastrointestinal infections.
Functional constipation results from withholding behaviors such as discomfort from pooping or a fear of pain or or a lack of awareness of the body's signs of needing to poop have led to significant discomfort for the child.
Homeopathy for constipation treatment is effective in both acute and chronic cases of Constipation. Furthermore, it brings the functionality of the bowels back to normal.
What Causes Constipation in Children?
Constipation in children could be due to various reasons. Some of the causes are listed below:
1. Low fiber intake
2. Less water intake
3. Erratic meal timings
4. Toilet phobia
5. Family history of Constipation
6. Abuse or traumatic experience
7. Underfeeding or malnutrition
8. Excessive parental interventions
9. Consuming plenty of dairy products
10. Hormonal imbalances like hypothyroidism
11. Certain medicines and dietary supplements
12. Unhealthy diet, which comprises high-fat & junk foods
13. Some of the rare causes are tumors, lactose intolerance, or spinal cord injury
Taking the best Homeopathic medicines for Constipation can strengthen the sluggish intestines. Moreover,Homeopathy for constipationtreatment reduces the recurrence and gives long-lasting relief.
Symptoms of Constipation in Children
Constipation symptoms can be chronic for some, while others rarely experience it. Homeopathy for constipation treatment can cure the following symptoms if any:
1. Hard, dry stools
2. Stools are infrequent, less than three times in a week
3. Experiencing pain or strain during excretion
4. The sensation of incomplete avoidance
5. Occasionally vomiting
6. Some children may complain of abdominal pain and sometimes nausea
7. Severe Constipation may cause a tear in the rectum leading to bleeding
9. Decreased appetite
10. Inexplicable weight loss
11. Irritable, crank, and unhappy
Bristol Stool Scale
A Bristol stool scale is a diagnostic medical tool that categorizes human feces into seven categories. Ideally, children should have soft bowel movements each day that resemble Types 3 through 6.
The seven types of stool are:
Type one : Separate hard lumps, like nuts (hard to pass)
Type two : Sausage-shaped but lumpy
Type Three: Like a sausage but with cracks on its surface
Type Four: Like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
Type Five: Soft blobs with clear-cut edges (easy to pass)
Type Six: Fluffy pieces with ragged edges, a mushy stool
Type Seven: Watery, no solid pieces, entirely liquid
Types 1 & 2 indicate Constipation, whereas 3 & 4 are ideal stools as they are easy to defecate without excessive liquid content. In contrast, five tend towards diarrhea, and 6 & 7 indicate diarrhea.
Diagnosis of Constipation
A good clinical history and physical examinations usually suffice to diagnose Constipation. Depending upon the child's age, you might be asked questions such as:
1. How often your child have bowel movements?
2. What foods does your child eat?
3. Is your child experiencing pain during bowel movements?
4. Have you been trying to toilet train your toddler lately?
5. Have you had any stressful or traumatic events in your child's life lately?
6. How often does your child poop in their pants?
The health care provider may also suggest tests to check for further problems. The following are some types to undergo to prescribe the best Homeopathic medicine for Constipation:
1. Blood and urine tests
2. Imaging tests like CT or MRI
4. Colorectal transit studies
5. Other bowel function tests like defecography & barium enema X-ray
5 Useful Tips to Manage Constipation in Infants
Besides taking Homeopathic medicine for Constipation, let us look at some tips to help counter the problem:
1. Keep the baby active - encourage crawling & walking
2. Bicycle baby's legs
3. Feed only breast milk
4. Avoid giving any grains before ten months of age
5. Massage the tummy in a circular motion by using little coconut or castor oil
5 Useful Tips to Manage Constipation in Children
1. Add probiotic-rich foods like yogurt to the diet
2. Encourage your child to drink more water
3. Reduce the quantity of milk
4. Take your child for a short walk after dinner
5. Fruits with skin, like apples, pears can mitigate the condition
Why Excel Pharma for Constipation Treatment in Homeopathy?
Excel Pharma offers some of the bestHomeopathic medicine for Constipationat affordable prices. Here, we provide E-Constipation Drops (AKG-04), one of the best Homeopathic medicines for short-term and chronic cases of Constipation.
Moreover, it helps facilitate good digestive health and regular intestinal movements, treat hard stools, straining, the left desire to pass the stools even after passing the bowels, and many such problems.
Home remedies, simple dietary & lifestyle changes, abdominal massage, and having 6-8 glasses of water/per day restore the child's daily trip to the toilet. However, even after changing the diet and lifestyle factors, if it persists, then Homeopathic medicine for Constipation is the best option.
The beauty of Homeopathy for constipation treatment is that it is non-habit forming as laxatives. Furthermore, it helps treats the patient's anxiety levels, which can cause or increase Constipation.
A homeopath scientifically monitors a patient's case and counsels on an exercise regimen and a nutritional plan to help patients with their Constipation.
Call or WhatsApp us at (+91) 9815567678 for online or offline consultations from our expert. Following the consultation with the doctor, you can easily order your Homeopathic medicine for Constipation at your address.
This post is extremely radiant. I extremely like this post. It is outstanding amongst other posts that I’ve read in quite a while. Much obliged for this better than average post. I truly value it! homeopathy in hyderabad